It's been a week of extremes. On the one hand I attended the Book Academy conference on Thursday at Utah Valley University. I was very impressed, both with the way the conference itself was run and with the caliber of instructors and panelists they assembled. I love being taught by published authors. I didn't realize the university does this every year. I will definitely be looking to attend again. Lots of stuff to consider.
On the emotional end I attended Jim's funeral today. They shut down the city, so the employees could attend. The employees wanted to do something, so they pitched in and paid for the grave and cost to inter. In fact there was so much money collected that they'll be able to purchase a second plot. I'm grateful for my belief in a life after this one. It gives great comfort to think of the family reunion he's having.
3 comments:
I've only just read up on your previous post about Jim. He sounds like a much loved man.
People will remember him, and that is a wonderful legacy to leave.
My condolences to you.
I cannot believe this happened. I was devastated when I heard. It is amazing to know the Lord's plan for us and that Jim will get to be with his family again and is with our Heavenly Father right now. He was an amazing man and will be missed.
Sounds like Jim was a really special person. A wondeful way to remember him xxx
Post a Comment